Michael Moore: Do you know that on the day of the Columbine massacre, the US dropped more bombs on Kosovo than any other day?
Marilyn Manson: I do know that, and I think that’s really ironic, that nobody said ‘well maybe the President had an influence on this violent behavior’ Because that’s not the way the media wants to take it and spin it, and turn it into fear, because then you’re watching television, you’re watching the news, you’re being pumped full of fear, there’s floods, there’s AIDS, there’s murder, cut to commercial, buy the Acura, buy the Colgate, if you have bad breath they’re not going to talk to you, if you have pimples, the girl’s not going to fuck you, and it’s just this campaign of fear, and consumption, and that’s what I think it’s all based on, the whole idea of ‘keep everyone afraid, and they’ll consume.’
Bowling for Columbine (2002)
11:13 pm • 7 January 2011 • 21,963 notes
People probably little know that Yoko Ono is into New Age, numerology, astrology, Egyptian magic, spells, witchcraft.
1:20 pm • 7 January 2011 • 5 notes
BEFORE YOU READ THIS NOTE THAT I’M REBLOGGING THIS TO SAY HOW STUPID IT IS:
Really? People actually make lists of “bad feelings” truth is, you’ll encouter ten billion, TRILLION horrible feelings in your life, even in just one year. By pointing them out and over-analysing them you’re just putting more energy into things that hurt, but don’t really get you anywhere. Besides, don’t you think there is worse feelings in life? Like Um :
- Having no parents.
- Being sexually, emotionally, physically abused by family.
- Having a terminal illness.
- Being incredibly poor, struggling to eat and live.
- Living in a third world country.
- Being a misfit to society, and being abused for it.
- Having no home, love or family/friends in your life.
- Losing someone to murder, or suicide.
Seriously girls? I we THAT insecure that the WORST feelings can be things like knowing, or being told the someone else is thinner or prettier than you? Is that honestly the worst thing that can happen? You girls, need some tough love and to come to the realisation that although, yes those things hurt and it’s hard to have full confidence, and deal with matters of the heart that there is worse things happen, life gets harder and your appearance and boys are not always going to be the main focus of your life. Whoever made that, should say sorry to all the girls who have their feelings of insecurity reaffirmed, and anybody who reblogged it should go out and talk to some people who have it really hard, you’ll see not looking like a supermodel isn’t the absolute most, horrible thing that can happen to someone.
(Source: crystalfoxes, via ten-thousandpromises)
12:30 pm • 7 January 2011 • 942 notes
- Celtic piece.
Celtic Trinity Knot Tattoo, in colour. In Pagan mythology it represents the Mother, Crone and Maiden. In New Age philosophy it represents Mind Body and Soul.
- Star Sign.
I’m an Aquarius. So, I was thinking of getting something to do with it. Aquarius is usually associated with water, and my favorite animal is a dolphin, so that one idea. Or I just get an elaborate design of an Aquarius sign.
Before you associate this with something sinister like i’ve had people do 1000 times. Read :
- The pentagram is a symbol of protection against evil.
- Astronomy: the pentagram is a symbol of feminity. During it’s path around the sun, the planet Venus follows a pattern that resembles a pentagram.
- 5 elements: the pentagram is the symbol for the 5 elements: light, air, wind, fire and water.
- Ancient Egypt: on ancient Egyptian graves, the pentagram is a symbol for the celestial sky.
- Pythagoras: for Pythagorean, the pentagram is a symbol for mathematical perfection.
- Satanism (black magic): they use a reversed pentagram inside a double circle. Inside the pentagram is the head of a goat. Each point has a Hebrew letter, forming the word LVYTN (Leviathan, a mythological sea monster from the Old Testament).
- Wicca (white magic): a religion based on nature. The pentagram is a symbol of faith for wiccans. Pentagram tattoos are a fairly popular goth tattoo.
For those of you who don’t know Chakra’s are usually used in meditations to represent the cleansing of 7 energy centers throughout the body. Each “Chakra” has it’s own characteristics/colour/power. I thought a tattoo of each of their symbols, or maybe just one would be nice.
But! I need some help on positioning. I’ll work it out before i turn 18. My parents will surely hate me :)
5:31 pm • 6 January 2011
I’ll Kill Her - Soko.
she stole my future, she broke my dream
i’ll kill her, i’ll kill her
she stole my future when she took you away.
12:54 pm • 6 January 2011
Gotta keep the faith.
It angers me that people are forever trying to put reasoning behind, what just is - life. Why can’t people grasp the idea that maybe we’re born, we live and we die? I think it’s fair enough that people do look into religion in general, but if it’s so easy to believe that a god, who deciedes if we all measure up after death when directing us to “heaven or hell”, a god who created the world in 7 days and the first humans were practically wished into life, even though there is archeological evidence of evolving life, why can’t people consider other alternatives? Just a thought. All that aside, have your faith but treat it like you treat your dick.
Don’t brag about it in public, and don’t shove it down my throat.
( i must say i didn’t make that line up, but it seemed as though it were fitting to end off my mini-rant)
P.s I mean this in the most non-offensive way to any religious peoples.
12:03 pm • 6 January 2011